Looking to do better and remain injury-free at your sport? Would you like to recover from training more quickly and fend off muscle fatigue? Sports massage will help if so! Everyone is talking about its benefits, from weekend warriors to professional athletes and fitness pros! Sports massage will improve your physical performance when performed correctly, accelerate muscle recovery, and help you heal from injuries. In every athlete’s routine, this procedure is a staple. Let’s see what makes it so special and how it works.
Massage may provide the potential for quicker healing, from a sprained ankle or twisted knee to muscle spasms or broken bones. With the pressure of the hands of the therapist stimulating blood flow, the muscles get warmer. Massage can help flush out swelling in joints by stretching tight tissues and breaking down adhesions, allowing for faster healing.
For active individuals and athletes, this form of massage is planned. It seeks to avoid and treat accidents, alleviate muscle pain, and ease pain. It will help you achieve optimum athletic performance in the long term and keep your body working optimally. This massage style isn’t just for athletes, despite its name. Its benefits can be reaped by all.
The Physical, Mental and Emotional benefits of sports massage
- It not only facilitates muscle regeneration and reduces the risk of injury, but it also increases circulation and avoids stress.
- After a hard workout, it is a perfect way to alleviate mental stress and relax.
- A good massage can restore mobility and decrease fatigue for damaged muscle tissue. It encourages you to work out harder and more effectively.
- Sports massage helps to break down scar tissue and facilitate new healthy tissue development.
- It also stretches your muscles and strengthens them, dilates the blood vessels and invigorates the body.
- In addition, this type of therapy raises the brain’s endorphin levels, which helps raise the mood and decreases pain. Endorphins encourage mental and physical well-being, minimize anxiety, and decrease levels of stress. Combined, these variables contribute to better sports results.
- A less well-known advantage of sports massage is its potential to improve the permeability of tissue. This helps nutrients and fluid to flow more freely through your tissues.
- Studies have also found that sports massage can decrease breathing pattern disorders, decrease post-exercise serum creatine kinase and decrease DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). If it takes you too long, for instance, to recover from exercise, get a massage. Your muscles are going to heal quicker and work more effectively.
The Aim of Sports Massage
- To reduce exercise-induced muscle tension and swelling.
- In post-training rehabilitation, it plays a vital role and can accelerate healing from musculoskeletal injuries.
- In recovery, as a method to boost physical performance, or as a stress management aid, this type of therapy may be used.
You’ll want to remove stiffness and boost stability in the problem area if you’re healing from a broken bone. Instead of soreness and anxiety, sports injury massage or any injury massage therapy can help relieve stiffness, regain movement, and offer relief that lets you concentrate on safe recovery.
Burn patients examined in the Korean Journal of Hepatology indicated that less itching and less depression, along with better skin healing, were experienced by those who received three months of massage therapy during skin recovery.
This massage style brings muscles and other tissues with new, oxygenated blood. A variety of methods can be used by the therapist according to your needs. The massage procedures used for treating strains, pulled muscles, and tears, for example, are distinct from those used for relaxing. In this treatment, the stroking motions used promote lymph flow and reduce the accumulation of lactic acid. Although increasing the flow of blood and oxygen to your tissues, they also help eliminate metabolic waste. This makes it possible for the body to recover from training quicker and perform at its best.
Similar to those used in therapeutic massage, most strokes used in sports massage are similar. The purpose is what differentiates the two. Sports massage aims at enhancing the efficiency of exercise and muscle function. Stress relief and well-being are emphasized by therapeutic massage. The therapist works on the muscles and tissues that are overused and exhausted during a sports massage session.
Are You in Need of an Effective Sports Massage?
Sports massage from Schemata Bodywork helps people who are active or desire to be active. Who can benefit from a sports massage from Schemata Bodywork? Individuals who have careers that are restricted to working at a desk, all athletes that are looking to improve their performance or physical gains, people who have community service jobs such as firefighters, law enforcement, or military personnel. If you are suffering from injuries with acute or chronic pain, or someone who wants relief from mental or physical stress, we can help change your life. Contact us now for your appointment.